Thursday, June 15, 2006

Feeling Tired

This morning I went for a thirty minute jog. The goal of the run was just to stretch my legs, but I planned to keep my HR very low which subsequently meant a painfully slow pace. I thought this would be a super easy run but instead I was so tired. I just didn't have any energy and when I was done I was just thankful I hadn't decided to run further. Maybe this is my body's way of telling me that it still is not recovered. After Wildflower I really took things easy and cut back on training a lot. -Of course I did the two marathons, but in between them I did not do very much. I really want to do "active recovery" since my inactive recovery was leading to weight gain and general sluggishness. I was pretty discouraged that I felt so bad, but hopefully it was just an off day.

Preschool is out for the summer which is good and bad. The downside is that I don't have any time alone during the week (I really only had about 4 hours while they were in school because it is a co-of preschool). However, on the plus side we are having so much fun. So far this week we have gone to the beach, a wilderness park and the La Brea Tar Pits. Today will be a bit more mellow because we need to do some Father's Day shopping. However, I am going to try to squeeze in a trip to the YMCA later for some pool time and weights.

Like TriDaddy, I have been working on putting together my training plan for the rest of the year, including gearing up for IMAZ. I more-or-less followed the beginner half-ironman plan for Wildflower, and now I am wondering if I should roughly follow the same plan for my next half, the Soma Half in Tempe in October. There is also another half-ironman plan on BT, but I would have to be Gold or Silver member to acess it. This other plan is more detailed and is more of an intermediate level plan. Has anyone followed this training plan?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Bookcase artist

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home