Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Crashing

I have always known that one day my time would come. I have thought about it often. In fact, on virtually every ride I have envisioned a scenario. Usually I imagine crashing on a downhill since those tend to scare me. Well, this morning the inevitable happened. I was happily pedaling, giving myself kudos for riding so early, when I heard a pop. I had no time to unclip, when I fell completely on my side still attached to the bike. Luckily I was riding my old bike, and neither of us were injured. The worst part was just trying to stop the DVD, lift of the fan I had knocked over and hook myself back on the trainer. I was a bit shaken but determined to finish my workout ("Spinnervals: Mental Toughness 5.0" in case you were wondering). Of course, when I fell a second time I was just embarrassed. Who the heck crashes on a trainer TWICE in one workout? What a lame-O! Btw, I figured out the problem so future trainer-crashes should be avoided.

Other than that things are really back on track. If you read the Kahuna's blog, you know I joined in his open water swim this past weekend. I had an awesome time! Although I got sea-sick, it was wonderful being back in the open water. The run afterwards was good. Robo-Stu and the Kahuna like to talk as though they are not fast runners, but believe me it was a tough pace. I was working to keep up with them. In my case, I needed the fast run, but unfortunately Kahuna injured his calf. Hopefully he will be better soon. It was awful seeing him in pain.

Yesterday I went to spinning and lifted weights. Today I did about 1 hour of the spinnervals DVD but due to the crashes I ran out of time to finish. Then I did about 2100 yards at the pool. It was my first pool workout in weeks and really tired me out. I had hoped for 2500 yards, but my body was just telling me that was too much. Tomorrow is a run day.

Btw, if you haven't already, make sure you listen to the "Get Your Geek On" podcast #20. I was the surprise-a-triathlete!! I feel famous now!

7 Comments:

Blogger Fe-lady said...

God, when you said you crashed, I thought you were on the road! At least it was in the confines of your own home and it didn't involve a CAR! (Whew!)
I think this is one reason why I switched over to mtn. biking-I would rather make a mistake and hit dirt or a rock, or even a cactus than a Nissan Titan! ROad biking kinda scares me right now-and I have never even had an accident! Now I will have to listen to the podcast...I never seem to have the time to do so!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Comm's said...

Yes and they both downplay not being fast cyclists and they are, I know first hand. So for them to give you props is high praise indeed.

4:35 PM  
Blogger greyhound said...

You are famous Bridget. That was a fun interview on the podcast. Make those boys suffer.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Wow! Remind me not to ever set my trainer up next to you! You're dangerous! :) I hear you are an awesome road biker. No wonder... the way you abuse yourself with the trainer! Now THAT's tough!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Trainer accidents...they happen to the best (worst) of us. :)

Your training is going great!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Geez, you had me going! I thought you had a crash going 22mph or something! I'm glad you only fell off the trainer. Good thing no sharp pieces of furniture were around. :)

I'll have to check out the podcast now that you are a celebrity!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... film editing schools

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home